Friday, July 3, 2009

Kaiya and Me


So It's been forever since I was last on here, but I have a few stories that I need to record and where better than on my blog where hopefully it will always be. My little Kaiya is now 1 year old and she is absolutely amazing. Her smile can lighten the mood of anybody around and her laugh is extremely contagious. She is now walking a little on her own and says momma and dadda.... maybe. At least that is what it sounds like. She gets total strangers that normally wouldn't give anyone else the time of day to just stop and admire her. She is adored by almost all around her and we couldn't be happier with her. She is, no doubt, one of the greatest physical blessings in my life aside from my extremely supportive and loving wife. Lately she has had a lot of teeth breaking through at the same time so she is a little fussier and clingy than normal, but we still can not imagine how life ever was without her. Now that I have gone on about her for a bit, I need to tell about what happened not to long ago that struck me very deeply. At a younger age she showed signs that she loved animals, especially underwater animals. I'm not sure if it's the fact that she can get right up to the glass and see many colorful fish swimming right by the tank or if it is like a very realistic tv, but she just giggles and stands at fish tanks forever just talking to the fish. That being said, one of her favorite places is the Aquarium. We were down at the Fort Fisher Aquarium not to long ago enjoying watching her stare at the animals. As I stood her up at one of the tanks, she was in her world watching everything when she looked away from the tank directly at me and said "Dad". Her eyes seemed to linger on me for a few moments before she looked away again. Now she's done many cute and amazing things that make me love her, but this one moment in my life is one that I may hopefully never forget. That moment created an unbreakable bond between me and her and I hope to be able to fully relay this moment to her as she gets older. To Kaiya many years from now if this is still here..... I love you baby! I always will! Trust in me and I will do my best to lead you on the straight and narrow!

No comments: