Friday, June 6, 2008

My challenges...

Here's the dilemma: My wife hurts in every way... she has complete back pain, shoulder pains, leg pains, tons of feet pains, swelling and to top it off she itches like there's no tomorrow. Nothing seems to help. I massage her back and feet and occasionally her hands. She takes baths and uses medicated lotions. After everything she is still left hurting and itching. I would never claim to have ever gone through what she has in the past 8 months so far, but I am just as ready for her to have a baby as she is. I have never felt so helpless in my life. I feel like I have done all that I can do and it's still not enough. The doctors never seem to empathetic. They just say the usual, "oh it's part of pregnancy, you just gotta make it till the end." Where that may be somewhat true, you would think they would have a little more to say to her. It just leaves me once again feeling helpless and frustrated. It's hard to see someone you love in constant pain for so long. I can't even imagine having a family member with cancer, it would kill me to know I'm practically useless as far as making them better. Me and my wife grew up dealing with pain completely different, which also makes things a little more difficult. My ideas frustrate her and her ideas frustrate me. All I want at this point is for the next 5 weeks to pass quickly so that we can both deal with what's wrong together. I can't feel her pain, all I can do is try to help her as much as humanly possible. Maybe this is a bigger test for me than for her. Hopefully she won't be the guinea pig for my next big test. Either way, Kaiya: Come on out and meet your daddy!

No comments: