Friday, April 11, 2008

My Kaiya Monkey.....



It has been a while since I have updated my blog and talked about my little Kaiya monkey. A lot has happened since my last posts. Since then I have felt her kick and move around. How amazing is the fact that she came from something so microscopic and now has developed into something that can kick me in the ear whenever I press it against my wife's belly. I heard a song the other day by George straight titled, "I saw God today." This song encircles a lot of the feelings that I think I will have once she is born.
Got my face pressed up against the nursery glass She's sleepin' like a rock My name on her wrist Wearin' tiny pink socks She's got my nose, she's got her mama's eyes My brand new baby girl She's a miracle I saw God today. Except for the pains that my wonderful wife have endured to carry Kaiya around until she is ready to meet me, she is a little miracle. I can't wait to hold her and carry her and show her off to everybody. She will be my connection to heaven and my strength to do great things. Just a quick side note, I don't want to take the spotlight off of my wife, because without her I wouldn't have done the great things I have recently been a part of. But with the two of them I feel like nothing can stop me from accomplishing anything. Back to Kaiya, her heart is strong, I've heard it many times and can't wait to see her soon on the 16th of April for our next sonogram appointment. Sometime real soon I will be holding my first baby Girl. Kianne Elizabeth Shurtleff! She's perfect already....

1 comment:

How you doin? said...

awwww... I can't wait for you to be a daddy!!