Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Baby girl.....


I realize that I have not made mention of my reaction to finding out the gender of my baby. Obviously by reading previous blogs you know that she is in fact a "she!" I gotta admit, coming from a family of 7 sisters, I was not at all suprised. I of course was not let down either. I told everyone including my wife that I wanted a little boy. I dream of little league and going fishing and going to races etc. Boy stuff! Anyway, while this is still true, my heart lept when I found out it was a girl. When you are born in a sea of estrogen, you learn how to swim and occasionally float. Don't get me wrong I had my moments that I thought I would sink like a rock, but my buddies and my dad were able to keep me up. So back to her, knowing my background, I realize that I am more comfortable around women, I talk more.... I feel more.... I learn more. I feel like I can be stronger for her. Of course I have yet to experience the joys and trials of being a father to a daughter or a son, but I am excited for both and until that boy comes my heart belongs to little Kaiya. She will become my fishing partner. I just hope she doesn't show up my boy when he comes around! I know I don't show it a lot and my wife gets frustrated, but my excitement increases with each day and each knew thought of how it will be. My biggest fear now is providing for the two of them. I hope I can make things comfortable and easier for them. This world has gotten tough and any new child brought to this Earth deserves the right to a beautiful and free world. Hopefully a little more peaceful. So there ya go. Hoorah for my little girl!

No comments: