Friday, April 11, 2008

Thinking mans thoughts....











I was laying in bed all the while thoughts pouring through my head like sugar through a 10 year old boys veins on Halloween. Please anyone who may read this, don't take as organized thought process, but more as interesting concepts of a sleepless man. Granted there obviously is feeling and such behind these preeminent ramblings. For one I was thinking how randomly perfect everything in nature works. Or maybe not random, given my religious beliefs everything works perfectly in the act of balancing and harmonizing itself with more order than is humanly possible. Think of how closely related the Earth itself is so closely related to the workings of the human body. I like to think of Earth as a living organism itself. What if the center of Earth stopped created magma? What if there were no more volcanic eruptions? I'm sure the effects of such things could be explained by persons more learned than I, but just think. Would if have the same devastating effect as if the human heart stopped pumping blood? We have an internal cooling system; so does the Earth. Of course there is so much more to compare, but I think you get the idea.
Now along with that, how amazing is the human body? I think many inventions have been created based of the perfect working order of the our systems. From the way the brain stores memories, to the way the digestive system separates the waste from the nutrients much needed to keep us alive and healthy. Granted the body can only do so much, we of course have the ability to alter such natural activities. We have the choice to do what we want, but we must also deal with the consequences. My point on that is that with these bodies and brains we have choices and freedoms to do what we want. That's the beauty of it all. Our bodies are our instruments to do with what we want. I believe we should all really think about the gifts we have and learn to use them. The extent of what we are intended for is endless. If we can fully grasp the complexity, yet simplicity, of the human body; then I think we can find an end to many of life's "diseases" so to speak.
Don't get me wrong I don't think it right to try to compare ourselves to God or to try to be one ourselves. But on the contrary I believe it is God who has given us the minds and abilities to understand these things in order to help ourselves and this Earth to live on for another generation. Understanding simple concepts and stepping back to take a breath can help us to pave the way for the future and perhaps make life a little more simple for our kids.

No comments: